Please do NOT copy any of my photos, photos taken from this website need written consent from the photographer. Thank you! @Delfina K Photography- all rights reserved.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Ironman pre-race excitement!


WOW! We went over to the beach today, basically to let the kids play for a bit, but I got so excited! You see tomorrow is the half ironman there so every athlete was getting ready for tomorrow's race, checking out the swim, bike and run course, testing their gear in the water on their bikes and in their running shoes, the adrenaline its contagious.

I remember a few years ago before I got married I was racing in triathlons all the time, I would sign myself up to 15 triathlons per year, now looking back I cannot believe I was actually able to complete a sprint distance triathlon (1/2 mile swim, 15-20 mile bike, 5k run)

Being there just made me want to train all over again and complete at least 1 race, that would mean so much to me, just knowing that my body is still able to go that far.

I plan on going there tomorrow and taking a few shots of the athletes, Im hoping I can make this a family day out by 7am ;) I want to catch the action in all three sports.

Can't wait!

I better go now, my son decided to play in the dirt outside now his skin is no longer white, it is black from top to bottom so im sticking him in the shower for a few minutes!

L.O.V.E

Please excuse the quality of the image, this was taken by someone else's camera a long long time ago!

No comments: